The last edition of the Paperless Lab Academy, celebrated in Barcelona in April 2016, hosted a lecture by, Research Vice President, Life Science R&D at Gartner, Michael Shanler entitled: “Laboratory Informatics in the Digital Era”.
The Research VP of the prestigious American research and advisory firm providing information technology structured his talk according to four axes:
- Forces and technology trends impacting all businesses in the “Digital Era”
- CIO priorities
- IT environment for Scientific Industries
- How technology will enable laboratory innovation transformation.
Some of the talk’s highlights were:
- The future is unknown, but the technology precursors for big changes are here, today.
- By 2017, 80% of ELN* will underperform due to changing R&D needs and unsustainable service models, requiring replacement or overhauls.
- By 2019, 30% of the top 100 life science R&D IT organizations will have successfully moved big data projects from proof of concept (POC) and pilots into production. *process and data workflows.
To learn more about the challenges of Lab of the future as envisioned by Gartner, click on the following link.
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the digital transformation of life science laboratories. Digital tools for communication, project management, da
Join the LabVantage Webinar Serie LabVantage is pleased to invite you to join our upcoming webinars SAAS Cloud Solution LabVantage SaaS provides eff
Renewed attention of the authorities inspectors to the Data Integrity The QC laboratories work in a highly regulated environment where effective elect