Standards-based interoperability in action – SiLA and AnIML live
This workshop provides a unique opportunity to experience these standards live and see how they work. We start with a quick introduction and then move to a live session, where we use off-the-shelf tools can be used to work with instrument data in a vendor-neutral fashion. We also demonstrate how to control chromatography data systems using standard interfaces. We will then take a look at the ecosystem of systems already supporting these standards.
- learn more about how standards can actually be used
- learn to differentiate between PowerPoint promises and working solutions
- get an overview of the ecosystems surrounding standards
Areas covered in this session
- Converting instrument data into the open AnIML format
- Controlling instruments using SiLA
- Storing instrument data in the cloud
- Using standards to integrate instruments with LIMS and ELN
- Data Integrity
Who should benefit
Participants with an interest in best practices for efficient data management and instrument integration from the laboratory, IT, compliance and data science worlds.
Merck is committed to helping scientists use open standards to enable greater interoperability in the laboratory. Merck acquired BSSN Software, a Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award-winning provider of data management solutions to facilitate FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) laboratory data. Through BSSN, Merck enables the processing, analysis, archiving and sharing of laboratory data from multiple vendors' equipment and multiple scientific techniques.
The life science business of Merck operates as MilliporeSigma in the U.S. and Canada