Senior Business Analyst Pharma R&D
We are a Life Science and IT service provider that has been successfully carrying out ‘state-of-the-art’ projects for international customers for more than 20 years. Our consultants mainly work on our customer’s premises, integrated into the customer’s project team.
Please Note: This is a temporary employment at Wega. In case of mutual interest and fit a permanent position at Wega can be discussed.
- Start date: asap
- End date:03.2019 (potential extension to December 2019 or longer possible, but will need to be approved)
- Workplace: Basel
- Analyze processes in pharma R&D with the aim to elaborate requirements in the context of a user IT project for a new pharma research and development center
- Collaborating with scientists in the Life Sciences environment in order to gather requirements for future IT system’s needs
- Gather and review user requirements from Business and IT divisions (Gap analysis)
- Analyzing and documenting scientific laboratory processes and adapting IT systems into laboratory and research environmental processes
- Responsibility to ensure smooth communication between client, vendor and software developer
Qualification and Experience:
- University degree in either Life sciences, Chemistry, Biology, IT, etc.
- Several years working experience in Life science/Pharmaceutical environments
- Familiar with most of the following areas in pharma R&D, i.e. MedChem, DELT, NMR / MS, Compounds Management, Separation, HTS, Protein Crystallization, Fermentation, Microscopy, RNCB & Automated Cell Culture, Solid Phase Resonance, Genetics / Genomics
- Excellent time management and sound analytical skills
- Pharma / Life Science experience is mandatory
- Working knowledge within the regulatory environment (i.e. GLP) is a plus
- Used to working independently, in a responsible manner
- Exposure as a service provider in a professional environment
- Fluent German and English, French is an advantage
Intelligent Systems Specialist (M/F)
Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
The Intelligent Systems Specialist will be involved in internal projects related to the development of mathematical models, optimization tools and automation solutions for quality control tasks with the aim of providing the organization with technological solutions to increase the efficiency of the Quality Control Area. Also, will be in continuous interaction with other areas within Hovione, to perform process-mapping activities, extract insights from raw data, develop optimization algorithms, define and develop automation solutions. Furthermore, the Intelligent Systems Specialist will participate in investigation projects and promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.
- Develop, improve, implement and support existing and new tools related to analytical management;Develop new data integration and visualization tools, and methodologies to increase the company efficiency;
- Develop mathematical models to manage and optimize shop floor operations;
- Present solutions to automate quality control tasks;
- Provide support to the other groups within the company;
- Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- University degree in Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Management Engineer;
- Knowledge in high-level programming languages (eg. R, Matlab, Python or similar);
- Acquainted with machine learning and automation/robotics concepts;
- Structured and analytical thinking, and strong numerical skills;
- Ability to work autonomously, to take responsibilities, and to learn;
- Result driven, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality